I recall the first time I ever played tennis was with my father on a public tennis court. I was 9 years old. I remember that I simply just enjoyed hitting the ball. Winning nor losing never crossed my mind. Just chasing a ball down with a racket and trying to hit it over the net.
Competition: The Thrill & Nervousness
To be honest my first taste of competition was not a pleasant one. I entered a U12 tournament and by accident played in the U10 category. I lost that local tournament match where my dad even came to watch. The feelings I had were mostly being nervous and embarrassed not so so much about the loss. The disappointed look on my fathers face during the match I still remember.
Times when nothing seems to go right
For example, your shots are just not going in, you can’t seem to win, practice is no fun, you just seem want to quit. We all go through these rough patches and we need to remember NOT to give up and keep moving forward.
A quote that sums up tennis and perhaps life
The obstacles we face whether it is the opponent across the net or our own personal fears, find within yourself that which drives you to get back on your feet.
A balance that we all are perhaps seeking or have already found
For information about APF or to join a free trial lesson visit:
- 【PLクラス】大会結果 2020年10月21日
- 目指せ中級レッスン17_スライスは上のガットで打てば精度が上がる 2020年10月19日
- 目指せ中級レッスン16_スライスは速すぎないように気をつける 2020年10月12日
- ジュニア・アダルト向けテーマクラスを開催します！ 2020年10月11日
- 【試合練習会】JA・PPクラス 2020年10月08日
- 【PL PLB JA】大会結果。 2020年10月07日
- 目指せ中級レッスン15_スライスは低い打点が簡単 2020年09月28日
- アイリッシュパブ部を結成しました！ 2020年09月25日
- 目指せ中級レッスン14_スライスは左手で面を安定させる 2020年09月24日
- 【JF・JAクラス】シングルマッチプレー練習会 2020年09月24日
- Written by George Kidera
- George Kidera has been coaching at APF Academies since April 2011. He had played tennis for the Bulldogs at Truman State University from 2000-2002. His role has been to promote and support all levels of the international tennis community at APF. "Coaching tennis is a wonderful experience and a great teaching tool to develop our next future leader."