I recall the first time I ever played tennis was with my father on a public tennis court. I was 9 years old. I remember that I simply just enjoyed hitting the ball. Winning nor losing never crossed my mind. Just chasing a ball down with a racket and trying to hit it over the net.
Competition: The Thrill & Nervousness
To be honest my first taste of competition was not a pleasant one. I entered a U12 tournament and by accident played in the U10 category. I lost that local tournament match where my dad even came to watch. The feelings I had were mostly being nervous and embarrassed not so so much about the loss. The disappointed look on my fathers face during the match I still remember.
Times when nothing seems to go right
For example, your shots are just not going in, you can’t seem to win, practice is no fun, you just seem want to quit. We all go through these rough patches and we need to remember NOT to give up and keep moving forward.
A quote that sums up tennis and perhaps life
The obstacles we face whether it is the opponent across the net or our own personal fears, find within yourself that which drives you to get back on your feet.
A balance that we all are perhaps seeking or have already found
For information about APF or to join a free trial lesson visit:
- 目指せ中級レッスン40_スタンスを使い分ける⑩ 2021年04月22日
- APF tournament #5#6大会結果 2021年04月11日
- 特別イベント【スイング映像解析】フォームのクセを徹底検証！ 2021年04月09日
- 目指せ中級レッスン39_スタンスを使い分ける⑨ 2021年04月05日
- 【PLクラス・PPクラス】大会結果！ 2021年03月30日
- 目指せ中級レッスン38_スタンスを使い分ける⑧ 2021年03月29日
- 【イベント】団体戦(3/20)にご参加頂き、有り難うございました!! 2021年03月22日
- 【トーナメント】BISAC U13 SINGLES CHAMPIONSHIP での活躍おめでとうございます!! 2021年03月17日
- 目指せ中級レッスン37_スタンスを使い分ける⑦ 2021年03月15日
- 【PL class PP class】トーナメントの結果 2021年03月12日
- Written by George Kidera
- George Kidera has been coaching at APF Academies since April 2011. He had played tennis for the Bulldogs at Truman State University from 2000-2002. His role has been to promote and support all levels of the international tennis community at APF. "Coaching tennis is a wonderful experience and a great teaching tool to develop our next future leader."