I recall the first time I ever played tennis was with my father on a public tennis court. I was 9 years old. I remember that I simply just enjoyed hitting the ball. Winning nor losing never crossed my mind. Just chasing a ball down with a racket and trying to hit it over the net.
Competition: The Thrill & Nervousness
To be honest my first taste of competition was not a pleasant one. I entered a U12 tournament and by accident played in the U10 category. I lost that local tournament match where my dad even came to watch. The feelings I had were mostly being nervous and embarrassed not so so much about the loss. The disappointed look on my fathers face during the match I still remember.
Times when nothing seems to go right
For example, your shots are just not going in, you can’t seem to win, practice is no fun, you just seem want to quit. We all go through these rough patches and we need to remember NOT to give up and keep moving forward.
A quote that sums up tennis and perhaps life
The obstacles we face whether it is the opponent across the net or our own personal fears, find within yourself that which drives you to get back on your feet.
A balance that we all are perhaps seeking or have already found
For information about APF or to join a free trial lesson visit:
- 乾季のバンコク。こんな「鞭と飴」コンボセットはいかがでしょうか? 2018年12月13日
- 【トーナメント】テンポよく試合を進めよう。 2018年12月11日
- 【バンコクで食事会】メンバーさんとの交流 2018年12月04日
- 【PLクラス】選手の活躍!! 2018年11月27日
- 【メンタル】ミスに対して過剰に反応しない。選手もコーチも親も。 2018年11月26日
- 【PLクラス】選手の活躍!! 2018年11月20日
- 【ルール】0の数え方はLove 2018年11月19日
- ATP FINALS優勝するのは誰でしょう？ 2018年11月18日
- ヨーロッパからバンコクへ戻りました！ 2018年11月16日
- 【トーナメント】テイクバックは早めに終わらせておこう。 2018年11月13日
- Written by George Kidera
- George Kidera has been coaching at APF Academies since April 2011. He had played tennis for the Bulldogs at Truman State University from 2000-2002. His role has been to promote and support all levels of the international tennis community at APF. "Coaching tennis is a wonderful experience and a great teaching tool to develop our next future leader."