Hi its coach George!
13 days of non-stop tennis has come to an end. On the final day of practice we took a group photo all wearing the same t-shirt. I truly believe each player have taken away a new learning experience both on and off the court. Being able to be part of their journey is a privilege.
Kaili & Noelani’s doubles opponent during the 1st week 2nd round. The opponents had initially underestimated the girls giving Kaili & Noelani a good chance to win, but they came up short.
The Under 10 boys 2nd week 2nd round match against Kim Taehun & Lee Gyeongpyo. The match was very close until 3-3 and the boys were up 40-0 but could not close out the game. After that the Korean boys had the momentum.
When we first arrived and practiced at Yeoncheon Kan had the chance to play a practice match against Kim Minjae (U10). During the second week at Yanggu, Minjae was playing in the semi-finals. He displays so much energy on the court!
Thank you Jeong Dawon for becoming friends with Kaili & Noelani. She’s a strong player!
Everyday they had to prepare their drinks for practice and breakfast items before heading to morning practice. No candy. Mostly bread, yogurt, or fruits. They also had to keep their rooms clean, help with the laundry, and communicate with each other well.
We took a tour to the DMZ boarder between North & South Korea. No photos can be taken of the North Korean side.
We met with familiar faces while in Korea from the Thailand team. Standing tall in the middle, Future was last years U10 champion.
Thank you for all the support! We were invited next year if we hopefully have the opportunity. Until then see you on the courts!
- 【LAVER Cup 2019 Geneve】 2019年09月20日
- SAKAI’S CHOICE｜「なぜ振り遅れるの？振り遅れたときにしてしまう3つの原因」 2019年09月19日
- やはり選ばれたのは……。 2019年09月18日
- 【コーチ変更のお知らせ】 2019年09月17日
- 【PLクラス】選手の活躍!! 2019年09月16日
- 【ジュニアクラスメンバーの活躍】今度は優勝! 小口友梨さん、おめでとうございます!! 2019年09月15日
- だからテニスは面白い。（ナダルディスカウントあります） 2019年09月11日
- スマッシュを打つ前に力を貯めよう 2019年09月10日
- 【ラケット紹介】コーチの使っているブランドの、ラケット紹介お願いします!! 2019年09月05日
- 「テニスシューズ」あなたはどっち？N or B 2019年09月04日
- Written by George Kidera
- George Kidera has been coaching at APF Academies since April 2011. He had played tennis for the Bulldogs at Truman State University from 2000-2002. His role has been to promote and support all levels of the international tennis community at APF. "Coaching tennis is a wonderful experience and a great teaching tool to develop our next future leader."