Hi its coach George!
13 days of non-stop tennis has come to an end. On the final day of practice we took a group photo all wearing the same t-shirt. I truly believe each player have taken away a new learning experience both on and off the court. Being able to be part of their journey is a privilege.
Kaili & Noelani’s doubles opponent during the 1st week 2nd round. The opponents had initially underestimated the girls giving Kaili & Noelani a good chance to win, but they came up short.
The Under 10 boys 2nd week 2nd round match against Kim Taehun & Lee Gyeongpyo. The match was very close until 3-3 and the boys were up 40-0 but could not close out the game. After that the Korean boys had the momentum.
When we first arrived and practiced at Yeoncheon Kan had the chance to play a practice match against Kim Minjae (U10). During the second week at Yanggu, Minjae was playing in the semi-finals. He displays so much energy on the court!
Thank you Jeong Dawon for becoming friends with Kaili & Noelani. She’s a strong player!
Everyday they had to prepare their drinks for practice and breakfast items before heading to morning practice. No candy. Mostly bread, yogurt, or fruits. They also had to keep their rooms clean, help with the laundry, and communicate with each other well.
We took a tour to the DMZ boarder between North & South Korea. No photos can be taken of the North Korean side.
We met with familiar faces while in Korea from the Thailand team. Standing tall in the middle, Future was last years U10 champion.
Thank you for all the support! We were invited next year if we hopefully have the opportunity. Until then see you on the courts!
- 【PLクラス】大会結果 2020年10月21日
- 目指せ中級レッスン17_スライスは上のガットで打てば精度が上がる 2020年10月19日
- 目指せ中級レッスン16_スライスは速すぎないように気をつける 2020年10月12日
- ジュニア・アダルト向けテーマクラスを開催します！ 2020年10月11日
- 【試合練習会】JA・PPクラス 2020年10月08日
- 【PL PLB JA】大会結果。 2020年10月07日
- 目指せ中級レッスン15_スライスは低い打点が簡単 2020年09月28日
- アイリッシュパブ部を結成しました！ 2020年09月25日
- 目指せ中級レッスン14_スライスは左手で面を安定させる 2020年09月24日
- 【JF・JAクラス】シングルマッチプレー練習会 2020年09月24日
- Written by George Kidera
- George Kidera has been coaching at APF Academies since April 2011. He had played tennis for the Bulldogs at Truman State University from 2000-2002. His role has been to promote and support all levels of the international tennis community at APF. "Coaching tennis is a wonderful experience and a great teaching tool to develop our next future leader."