Hi its coach George!
13 days of non-stop tennis has come to an end. On the final day of practice we took a group photo all wearing the same t-shirt. I truly believe each player have taken away a new learning experience both on and off the court. Being able to be part of their journey is a privilege.
Kaili & Noelani’s doubles opponent during the 1st week 2nd round. The opponents had initially underestimated the girls giving Kaili & Noelani a good chance to win, but they came up short.
The Under 10 boys 2nd week 2nd round match against Kim Taehun & Lee Gyeongpyo. The match was very close until 3-3 and the boys were up 40-0 but could not close out the game. After that the Korean boys had the momentum.
When we first arrived and practiced at Yeoncheon Kan had the chance to play a practice match against Kim Minjae (U10). During the second week at Yanggu, Minjae was playing in the semi-finals. He displays so much energy on the court!
Thank you Jeong Dawon for becoming friends with Kaili & Noelani. She’s a strong player!
Everyday they had to prepare their drinks for practice and breakfast items before heading to morning practice. No candy. Mostly bread, yogurt, or fruits. They also had to keep their rooms clean, help with the laundry, and communicate with each other well.
We took a tour to the DMZ boarder between North & South Korea. No photos can be taken of the North Korean side.
We met with familiar faces while in Korea from the Thailand team. Standing tall in the middle, Future was last years U10 champion.
Thank you for all the support! We were invited next year if we hopefully have the opportunity. Until then see you on the courts!
- コーチ変更のお知らせ 2019年02月19日
- 【ジュニア初心者】低い打点を選んで、ラリーを続けよう！ 2019年02月18日
- 【バンコクでテニスの試合観戦】 2019年02月15日
- 【TENNIS IQ】 電子化出版のお知らせ 2019年02月14日
- テニスが上達するマンガ！！ 2019年02月13日
- 【PLとPPクラス】合同練習会を行いました。 2019年02月11日
- 【上級】アイテノバックノタカイトコに打とう！ 2019年02月11日
- 【PLクラス】新たな取り組み。オンライン学習始めます!! 2019年02月08日
- 初めまして！！ 2019年02月06日
- 【トーナメント】レシーブは確実に返そう!! 2019年02月05日
- Written by George Kidera
- George Kidera has been coaching at APF Academies since April 2011. He had played tennis for the Bulldogs at Truman State University from 2000-2002. His role has been to promote and support all levels of the international tennis community at APF. "Coaching tennis is a wonderful experience and a great teaching tool to develop our next future leader."