So for the past couple of months I have noticed that my touch-screen response on my I-phone 6 plus has regularly become faulty. Countless number of times I have take these measure which I thought was the problem
- clear out the cache
- delete video and photo so more memory would be available
- delete apps which I do not use to free up hard disk space
It turns out the touch-screen glitches is from wear and tear of the LCD screen. It has been 4 years since I purchased the phone and like all electronic devices, they are not meant to last forever. So how much was I willing to spend to fix the LCD screen?
Authorized apple service center price
Obviously with my phone being out of warranty I would be paying $149 USD which would be equivalent of around 4,878THB. So was I willing to spend 5,000THB without searching for an alternative price point? Which lead me to the fabulous MBK center.
MBK Center 4F mobile
If you are looking for aftermarket mobile phones / repair / parts the MBK Center is the place to visit. Once you get up to the 4th floor using the escalators it is quite overwhelming with the number of mobile shops to choose. I basically went with my intuition.
Yes I know some shoppers would be weary about allowing someone to tamper with their mobile phone especially in this day and age where privacy even on mobile devices can be sensitive. But after about 30 minutes the shop owners had my new LCD screen ready and it costs $58USD or 1,900THB which is almost 3,000THB cheaper than taking it to an authorized apple service center so I felt good about the entire transaction.
The shop owners were kind enough to tell me if I run into a problem I could come back with my receipt anytime!
For information about APF or to join a free trial lesson visit:
- 【Shuttle Bus】Notification of route change. 2019年03月17日
- 【重要】4月1日よりバスの送迎ルートが一部変更になります。 2019年03月11日
- ソンクラン期間も通常営業します！ 2019年03月09日
- Program & Fee Per Term 2019年02月24日
- 【臨時レッスン】1月5日6日は臨時レッスンがあります！ 2018年12月21日
- 【Service Ace】メンテナンスのお知らせ 2018年12月09日
- 【年末年始休業のお知らせ】 2018年11月25日
- 【重要】日曜日もシャトルバスの運行がスタートします。 2018年10月28日
- 【重要】金曜日午後のシャトルバススケジュールが変更になります。 2018年10月27日
- 【重要】Term124から日曜日のクラスが一部変更になります。 2018年09月24日
- Written by George Kidera
- George Kidera has been coaching at APF Academies since April 2011. He had played tennis for the Bulldogs at Truman State University from 2000-2002. His role has been to promote and support all levels of the international tennis community at APF. "Coaching tennis is a wonderful experience and a great teaching tool to develop our next future leader."