When I initially looked at the score and saw Roger Federer leading the match comfortably at 6-2, 7-6, and starting the 3rd set, I thought this match was going to be in Rogers bag very soon. Apparently, the match started to slowly shift during the 3rd set as Roger had stated post-match interview at 5-5 or when he couldn’t close out the 3rd set having match point things started to change
“I Couldn’t surprise him anymore”
Roger had stated during the warm-up practice he felt great, he was feeling the ball well, but the outcome of the match just did not happen for him that day against Kevin Anderson.Specifically, Federer stated that he could not create more opportunity in the 3rd with the chances that he had.
Big 1st serve & great 2nd serve returner
Spectacular win for Anderson as he showed how he was able to hang in just long enough to turn things around starting from the 3rd set.
“Having to explain your loss is the worst feeling”
How long will it take for Federer to get over this loss and move forward? His answer as he stated, “it might be a few days or much shorter.” We all have these moments in our lives when we have prepared ourselves for certain situations, but it just didn’t work out. We all learn to keep moving forward. Roger plans to be playing in next years Wimbledon.
For information about APF or to join a free trial lesson visit:
- 【LAVER Cup 2019 Geneve】 2019年09月20日
- SAKAI’S CHOICE｜「なぜ振り遅れるの？振り遅れたときにしてしまう3つの原因」 2019年09月19日
- やはり選ばれたのは……。 2019年09月18日
- 【コーチ変更のお知らせ】 2019年09月17日
- 【PLクラス】選手の活躍!! 2019年09月16日
- 【ジュニアクラスメンバーの活躍】今度は優勝! 小口友梨さん、おめでとうございます!! 2019年09月15日
- だからテニスは面白い。（ナダルディスカウントあります） 2019年09月11日
- スマッシュを打つ前に力を貯めよう 2019年09月10日
- 【ラケット紹介】コーチの使っているブランドの、ラケット紹介お願いします!! 2019年09月05日
- 「テニスシューズ」あなたはどっち？N or B 2019年09月04日
- Written by George Kidera
- George Kidera has been coaching at APF Academies since April 2011. He had played tennis for the Bulldogs at Truman State University from 2000-2002. His role has been to promote and support all levels of the international tennis community at APF. "Coaching tennis is a wonderful experience and a great teaching tool to develop our next future leader."