For Miss Naomi Osaka 2018 has been a huge year for her beginning with her first round win at the Miami Open against her idol Serena Williams who just came back after giving birth. Miss Naomi’s latest victory comes from her first major title winning the Indian Wells Tournament in March against Daria Kasatkina (Russia). She is currently world No.# 21.
A bit of Family background
Naomi has a Japanese mother, Haitian father, and an older sister. Naomi was born in Osaka, Japan and moved to Florida at the age of 3. Her father Leonard Francois decided Naomi should represent Japan the country of her birth place.
Older sister Mari also plays on WTA
Mari Osaka is age 22 and has a current WTA ranking of #289. They have been talked about as being the next future William sisters.
A breath of fresh air
She is very honest and open about how she answered the journalist. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP5YV4DcnbY
- Question 1(journalist) 0:54 Naomi you looked quite calm out there during the match. Could you tell us how you were feeling in the inside and you managed to stay composed throughout the match?
(Naomi ) “I was extremely stressed and extremely nervous, but my plan was to FAKE that was very calm so I am glad that you said that so that means that it worked.”
- Question 2 (journalist) 2:57 You joked that it was the worst acceptance speech of all time, none of the would stand in middle of the stadium and give a speech so how did it feel?
(Naomi) “I prepared and everything and I knew what I was going to say in which order, but when we called me I freaked out and I just started saying whatever came out of my mouth first. So yeah it was pretty embarrassing.”
A natural speech NOT Her worst ‘acceptance speech’
All the best Naomi in 2018!
For information about APF or to join a free trial lesson visit:
- 【PLクラス】2019年をより良いものにする為に 2019年01月15日
- 皆さんは、どのような年末年始をすごされましたか? 2019年01月10日
- 【allout beat 2019】T-シャツ販売のお知らせ 2019年01月08日
- 【卒業生の活躍】全国大会優勝おめでとう!! 2018年12月20日
- 【PLクラス】選手の活躍!! 2018年12月18日
- 乾季のバンコク。こんな「鞭と飴」コンボセットはいかがでしょうか? 2018年12月13日
- 【トーナメント】テンポよく試合を進めよう。 2018年12月11日
- 【バンコクで食事会】メンバーさんとの交流 2018年12月04日
- 【PLクラス】選手の活躍!! 2018年11月27日
- 【メンタル】ミスに対して過剰に反応しない。選手もコーチも親も。 2018年11月26日
- Written by George Kidera
- George Kidera has been coaching at APF Academies since April 2011. He had played tennis for the Bulldogs at Truman State University from 2000-2002. His role has been to promote and support all levels of the international tennis community at APF. "Coaching tennis is a wonderful experience and a great teaching tool to develop our next future leader."