It does not happen very often in a single sport that once an athlete reaches the top and starts to decline are they able to rise up once more. We are witnessing this amazing accomplishment by not just one but two living legends.
What keeps them going?
- ‘Love’ for the game
- ‘Fans & People’
- ‘Desire’ to keep improving
I am sure it is ALL of the ABOVE.
Rafael Nadal the current No.#1
Amazing for Rafa to come back after injury to win the French & the U.S. Open! The fighter, grinder, the toughest competitor, the ‘NO FEAR’ and ‘NOT TO LOSE’ attitude are truly inspirational.
- August 18, 2008 was the first time Rafa become world no.#1 until July 5th, 2009 [46 weeks]
- June 7th, 2010 to July 3rd, 2011 [56 weeks]
- October 7th, 2013 to July 6th, 2014 [39 weeks]
- August 21, 2017 to Present [4 weeks]
- [145 total weeks as world no.#1]
Roger Federer is No.#2 after the U.S. Open
Roger also coming back after 6 months off from recovering surgery to win the Australian Open and Wimbledon! He is one of my role models. We are the same age, family man, and a humanitarian which I aspire more to be.
- February 2, 2004 was the first time Roger become No.# 1 until August 17th, 2008 [237 weeks]
- July 6th, 2009 to June 6th, 2010 [48 weeks]
- July 9th, 2012 to November 4th 2012 [17 weeks]
- [302 total weeks as world no.#1]
“TENNIS IS LIFE AND LIFE IS TENNIS”
We are lucky to live in this era of tennis greatness!
- 【トーナメント】テイクバックは早めに終わらせておこう。 2018年11月13日
- 【テニス】gifでイメージを作ろう！テニスの練習の前に見てね！ 2018年11月10日
- 【バンコク 自動販売機】売り上げNo1商品はこれだ!! 2018年11月08日
- 【JA,PPクラス】U-11強化練習会に参加しよう。 2018年11月06日
- 【Nitto ATP FINALS】【Next Gen ATP FINALS】に行ってきます。 2018年11月04日
- 【ジュニアテニス】うちの子、ちょっと運動神経が。。。 2018年10月25日
- 【トーナメント】セルフジャッジで気をつけたいこと。 2018年10月23日
- ボレーは当てるだけ!! 高校時代は連呼してました 2018年10月18日
- 【PLクラス】打点について考えてみよう。 2018年10月16日
- 【ジュニアテニス】ボレーなんて10年早い!! 2018年10月11日
- Written by George Kidera
- George Kidera has been coaching at APF Academies since April 2011. He had played tennis for the Bulldogs at Truman State University from 2000-2002. His role has been to promote and support all levels of the international tennis community at APF. "Coaching tennis is a wonderful experience and a great teaching tool to develop our next future leader."