It does not happen very often in a single sport that once an athlete reaches the top and starts to decline are they able to rise up once more. We are witnessing this amazing accomplishment by not just one but two living legends.
What keeps them going?
- ‘Love’ for the game
- ‘Fans & People’
- ‘Desire’ to keep improving
I am sure it is ALL of the ABOVE.
Rafael Nadal the current No.#1
Amazing for Rafa to come back after injury to win the French & the U.S. Open! The fighter, grinder, the toughest competitor, the ‘NO FEAR’ and ‘NOT TO LOSE’ attitude are truly inspirational.
- August 18, 2008 was the first time Rafa become world no.#1 until July 5th, 2009 [46 weeks]
- June 7th, 2010 to July 3rd, 2011 [56 weeks]
- October 7th, 2013 to July 6th, 2014 [39 weeks]
- August 21, 2017 to Present [4 weeks]
- [145 total weeks as world no.#1]
Roger Federer is No.#2 after the U.S. Open
Roger also coming back after 6 months off from recovering surgery to win the Australian Open and Wimbledon! He is one of my role models. We are the same age, family man, and a humanitarian which I aspire more to be.
- February 2, 2004 was the first time Roger become No.# 1 until August 17th, 2008 [237 weeks]
- July 6th, 2009 to June 6th, 2010 [48 weeks]
- July 9th, 2012 to November 4th 2012 [17 weeks]
- [302 total weeks as world no.#1]
“TENNIS IS LIFE AND LIFE IS TENNIS”
We are lucky to live in this era of tennis greatness!
- 【望月選手ウインブルドンジュニア優勝】 2019年07月19日
- ボレー基礎を身につけた後に意識したい3つのこと！ 2019年07月17日
- 【お祝い+快挙+宣伝】男子ジュニア日本人初優勝、世界ランク1位。 2019年07月17日
- 【ダブルス】一度確認しておきましょう。 2019年07月16日
- 【インプレッション】Pure Aeroがキターーーー！ 2019年07月10日
- 【ジュニア強化練習会】強化練習会、3つの良いところ!! 2019年07月04日
- 【お知らせ】インスタ・ニューラケット情報！！ 2019年07月03日
- 【PLクラス】選手の活躍!! 2019年07月02日
- 【Promotion】New member promotion in July 2019年07月01日
- 【テニス】手打ちからの脱却！まずは横向きで打てるようになろう！ 2019年06月27日
- Written by George Kidera
- George Kidera has been coaching at APF Academies since April 2011. He had played tennis for the Bulldogs at Truman State University from 2000-2002. His role has been to promote and support all levels of the international tennis community at APF. "Coaching tennis is a wonderful experience and a great teaching tool to develop our next future leader."