5 of 6 participating students were from N.I.S.T today. Today’s lesson was from 9:00-11:00 and the topic discussed was about ‘Zones’ [Defense, Neutral, Attack, Finish.] Building awareness of what zone are you playing from, what kind of ball are you trying to achieve, and which zone is your opponent standing in? [Photo featured: Taro(left) & Kazuoki(right)]
[Girls trying to stay cool]
Pam & Lisa know each other from school. Lisa’s water bottle has an additional spray feature. Actually, the weather was ok today because of the rain from early in the morning. It was a challenge for Lisa to practice and play against Pam while Pam had to focus on her consistency and reading skills.
[The lone wolf and his buddy]
Kla(left) goes to a Thai school which they are still in summer break, while Takaoki(right) is also a fellow N.I.S.T. student. They were practice partners and played against each other. A good match up.
I recommend students to watch other matches both juniors and professionals. Here are 2 links from the 2016 Junior Australian Open Boys & Girls Finals. Try to just observe which ‘ZONE’ each player is in and how player positions change.
1.Oliver Anderson v Jurabeck Karimov – Junior Boys’ Singles Final | Australian Open 2016
2. Vera Lapko v Tereza Mihalikova – Junior Girls’ Singles Final | Australian Open 2016
Try just observing for 5~10 min.
- Family Tennis Event 2018年05月21日
- 【トーナメント】タイブレークのルールを覚えよう！ 2018年05月21日
- 【イベント】お見逃しなく! 金子英樹校長が指導する、ジュニア特別練習会を企画しました! 2018年05月18日
- 【イベント】2018年6月のイベントのお知らせです!! 2018年05月15日
- 【トーナメント】上手になりたい！テニスはもっと楽しくなる！上手になろう！！ 2018年05月14日
- 『ダブルスイベント』 2018年05月12日
- May local tournament & U.S. College Tennis Tour 2018年05月02日
- 【トーナメント】アンテナを張って練習できる環境を探し出そう！ 2018年04月30日
- 【イベント】2018年5月のイベントのお知らせです!! 2018年04月15日
- 【ダブルスイベント】トーナメントクラス 2018年03月24日
- Written by George Kidera
- George Kidera has been coaching at APF Academies since April 2011. He had played tennis for the Bulldogs at Truman State University from 2000-2002. His role has been to promote and support all levels of the international tennis community at APF. "Coaching tennis is a wonderful experience and a great teaching tool to develop our next future leader."