Hi its coach George!
13 days of non-stop tennis has come to an end. On the final day of practice we took a group photo all wearing the same t-shirt. I truly believe each player have taken away a new learning experience both on and off the court. Being able to be part of their journey is a privilege.
Kaili & Noelani’s doubles opponent during the 1st week 2nd round. The opponents had initially underestimated the girls giving Kaili & Noelani a good chance to win, but they came up short.
The Under 10 boys 2nd week 2nd round match against Kim Taehun & Lee Gyeongpyo. The match was very close until 3-3 and the boys were up 40-0 but could not close out the game. After that the Korean boys had the momentum.
When we first arrived and practiced at Yeoncheon Kan had the chance to play a practice match against Kim Minjae (U10). During the second week at Yanggu, Minjae was playing in the semi-finals. He displays so much energy on the court!
Thank you Jeong Dawon for becoming friends with Kaili & Noelani. She’s a strong player!
Everyday they had to prepare their drinks for practice and breakfast items before heading to morning practice. No candy. Mostly bread, yogurt, or fruits. They also had to keep their rooms clean, help with the laundry, and communicate with each other well.
We took a tour to the DMZ boarder between North & South Korea. No photos can be taken of the North Korean side.
We met with familiar faces while in Korea from the Thailand team. Standing tall in the middle, Future was last years U10 champion.
Thank you for all the support! We were invited next year if we hopefully have the opportunity. Until then see you on the courts!
- ボレーは当てるだけ!! 高校時代は連呼してました 2018年10月18日
- 【PLクラス】打点について考えてみよう。 2018年10月16日
- 【ジュニアテニス】ボレーなんて10年早い!! 2018年10月11日
- 【ジュニアクラスメンバーの活躍】皆さんおめでとうございます! これからも頑張っていきましょう!! 2018年10月04日
- 【PLクラス】新しいメンバーの紹介!! 2018年10月02日
- 手首の痛み・肘の痛み、打ち方だけが原因じゃないカモしれません 2018年09月27日
- 【トーナメント】ジャッジを見直そう!! 2018年09月25日
- 【テニスカフェ】ポイント中のペアへの声がけで、より良いダブルスを目指そう!! 2018年09月20日
- 【トーナメント】ポイントが終わるまで構えは忘れずに!! 2018年09月18日
- 【テニス】効果的に使おう！縦のスイング、WINDMIL 2018年09月15日
- Written by George Kidera
- George Kidera has been coaching at APF Academies since April 2011. He had played tennis for the Bulldogs at Truman State University from 2000-2002. His role has been to promote and support all levels of the international tennis community at APF. "Coaching tennis is a wonderful experience and a great teaching tool to develop our next future leader."