Hi its coach George!
13 days of non-stop tennis has come to an end. On the final day of practice we took a group photo all wearing the same t-shirt. I truly believe each player have taken away a new learning experience both on and off the court. Being able to be part of their journey is a privilege.
Kaili & Noelani’s doubles opponent during the 1st week 2nd round. The opponents had initially underestimated the girls giving Kaili & Noelani a good chance to win, but they came up short.
The Under 10 boys 2nd week 2nd round match against Kim Taehun & Lee Gyeongpyo. The match was very close until 3-3 and the boys were up 40-0 but could not close out the game. After that the Korean boys had the momentum.
When we first arrived and practiced at Yeoncheon Kan had the chance to play a practice match against Kim Minjae (U10). During the second week at Yanggu, Minjae was playing in the semi-finals. He displays so much energy on the court!
Thank you Jeong Dawon for becoming friends with Kaili & Noelani. She’s a strong player!
Everyday they had to prepare their drinks for practice and breakfast items before heading to morning practice. No candy. Mostly bread, yogurt, or fruits. They also had to keep their rooms clean, help with the laundry, and communicate with each other well.
We took a tour to the DMZ boarder between North & South Korea. No photos can be taken of the North Korean side.
We met with familiar faces while in Korea from the Thailand team. Standing tall in the middle, Future was last years U10 champion.
Thank you for all the support! We were invited next year if we hopefully have the opportunity. Until then see you on the courts!
- ITF Junior G5 優勝 2018年07月21日
- 【ジュニアテニス】戦術を学ぶ時の心がまえ 2018年07月19日
- “One of those days” 2018年07月18日
- 【解決！】初心者でも重いラケットを使った方がいい場合もある。 2018年07月16日
- 【ジュニアテニス】早いうちから身につけておこう。戦術に欠かせないテクニック。 2018年07月12日
- 【トーナメント】斜め後ろに下がろう!! 2018年07月10日
- 【これで解決！】ボールの外側を打てれば？ 2018年07月09日
- 【PLクラス】優勝おめでとう!! 2018年07月05日
- 【ジュニアテニス】ストロークでエースを取るための大切なポイント-その3- 2018年07月05日
- [UNIQLO] Roger Federer Global Brand Ambassador 2018年07月04日
- Written by George Kidera
- George Kidera has been coaching at APF Academies since April 2011. He had played tennis for the Bulldogs at Truman State University from 2000-2002. His role has been to promote and support all levels of the international tennis community at APF. "Coaching tennis is a wonderful experience and a great teaching tool to develop our next future leader."