So for the past couple of months I have noticed that my touch-screen response on my I-phone 6 plus has regularly become faulty. Countless number of times I have take these measure which I thought was the problem
- clear out the cache
- delete video and photo so more memory would be available
- delete apps which I do not use to free up hard disk space
It turns out the touch-screen glitches is from wear and tear of the LCD screen. It has been 4 years since I purchased the phone and like all electronic devices, they are not meant to last forever. So how much was I willing to spend to fix the LCD screen?
Authorized apple service center price
Obviously with my phone being out of warranty I would be paying $149 USD which would be equivalent of around 4,878THB. So was I willing to spend 5,000THB without searching for an alternative price point? Which lead me to the fabulous MBK center.
MBK Center 4F mobile
If you are looking for aftermarket mobile phones / repair / parts the MBK Center is the place to visit. Once you get up to the 4th floor using the escalators it is quite overwhelming with the number of mobile shops to choose. I basically went with my intuition.
Yes I know some shoppers would be weary about allowing someone to tamper with their mobile phone especially in this day and age where privacy even on mobile devices can be sensitive. But after about 30 minutes the shop owners had my new LCD screen ready and it costs $58USD or 1,900THB which is almost 3,000THB cheaper than taking it to an authorized apple service center so I felt good about the entire transaction.
The shop owners were kind enough to tell me if I run into a problem I could come back with my receipt anytime!
For information about APF or to join a free trial lesson visit:
- [Meetup ver. 2] Tennis in Bangkok 2018年08月08日
- [AUGUST PROMOTION] 6 MONTHS 50% OFF 2018年08月02日
- 【コーチ変更のお知らせ】6/23(土)-6/29(金) 2018年06月14日
- 【コーチ変更のお知らせ】5/22(火)-5/25(金) 2018年05月21日
- 【重要】Term118から火曜日のIM/ADクラスが変更になります。 2018年05月04日
- ソンクラン休暇 2018年04月09日
- ソンクラン休業期間中のメール受付のご案内 2018年04月07日
- Songkran Flying Back to Saint Louis, U.S.A. 2018年04月01日
- The Game of Tennis The Game of Life 2018年03月21日
- Facebook LIVE PTT ITF Junior G1 @ L.T.A.T. 2018年03月07日
- Written by George Kidera
- George Kidera has been coaching at APF Academies since April 2011. He had played tennis for the Bulldogs at Truman State University from 2000-2002. His role has been to promote and support all levels of the international tennis community at APF. "Coaching tennis is a wonderful experience and a great teaching tool to develop our next future leader."