Have you ever wondered why there are so many different colored taxis in Thailand & what do they all mean? Well, now you will know.
Single color Taxi
pink, purple, violet, tan, blue, yellow, orange, red, bright green, and bright sky blue. These taxi’s are
- Company taxi
- Taxi co-operation (personal or alliance)
- Rental Taxi company
By law, taxi company must register their company to the Department of Land & Transportation. New Taxis from 2008 must be yellow with blue registered numbers.
- bi-color taxi are the old series belong to companies and co-operational.
- blue-red & yellow green
- yellow-green taxis are only type of taxi owned by individuals
I personally feel these drivers are more friendly. Taxi drivers who belong to companies refuse drivers because
- Their shift is about to end
- They do not want to travel in the direction opposite of their home
- They do not want to drive opposite of where they need take the taxi
- They do not want to be penalized for bringing back a late taxi back to the company
Yellow Toyota Prius
- Launched under ‘All Thai Taxi’ project of Nakhonchai Air Co., Ltd.
- launched in order to provide better quality of taxi service to all people
- Download the app http://www.allthaitaxi.com/website/en/home/
Uber & Grab Taxi
I personally use UBER when it rains. I never encounter any problems with UBER. True, the price may be higher but I like the cleanliness of the taxi, set price, and set destination without needing to explain to the driver where I need to go.
Yesterday my wife and I had an incident with a company taxi driver. When we arrived to our condo, the driver did not want to give the security guard his ID in exchange for a pass and told us to pay and get off. Second, he became upset when my wife accidentally paid one baht less than the 41 baht fee and started to ramble about how she had a foreign husband who is wealthy enough to pay so do not be so cheap. My wife called and complained to the taxi company about this driver by writing down his license plate and taxi number.
I recommend the yellow-green taxis that are owned by the driver. They are generally more friendly.
For more information and to join a free trial lesson visit:
- 【いつやるの？】いつでもいいのですが、行く時間をコミットすること！ 2018年05月07日
- 【Anytime fitnessに入会】 2018年05月04日
- 【バンコクで荷物を引き取る】プラカノン郵便局に行ってきました。 2018年05月01日
- 22 Hour Flight Wonderful Family Reunion 2018年04月25日
- 【タイ語】遠くのガイより近くのガイ 2018年04月24日
- 【驚愕】3日間の絶食を終えて…after 3 days… 2018年04月09日
- 朝食でいかが! 簡単ヘルシーそして栄養満点のアボカド一品料理!! 2018年03月08日
- 『チャイニーズニューイヤー』 2018年02月16日
- 【バンコクでスイーツ】他ではない豊富な種類、美味しいアイスクリームのご紹介!! 2018年02月08日
- Dog in Town Cafe [Ekkamai soi 6] 2018年01月17日
- Written by George Kidera
- George Kidera has been coaching at APF Academies since April 2011. He had played tennis for the Bulldogs at Truman State University from 2000-2002. His role has been to promote and support all levels of the international tennis community at APF. "Coaching tennis is a wonderful experience and a great teaching tool to develop our next future leader."