It does not happen very often in a single sport that once an athlete reaches the top and starts to decline are they able to rise up once more. We are witnessing this amazing accomplishment by not just one but two living legends.
What keeps them going?
- ‘Love’ for the game
- ‘Fans & People’
- ‘Desire’ to keep improving
I am sure it is ALL of the ABOVE.
Rafael Nadal the current No.#1
Amazing for Rafa to come back after injury to win the French & the U.S. Open! The fighter, grinder, the toughest competitor, the ‘NO FEAR’ and ‘NOT TO LOSE’ attitude are truly inspirational.
- August 18, 2008 was the first time Rafa become world no.#1 until July 5th, 2009 [46 weeks]
- June 7th, 2010 to July 3rd, 2011 [56 weeks]
- October 7th, 2013 to July 6th, 2014 [39 weeks]
- August 21, 2017 to Present [4 weeks]
- [145 total weeks as world no.#1]
Roger Federer is No.#2 after the U.S. Open
Roger also coming back after 6 months off from recovering surgery to win the Australian Open and Wimbledon! He is one of my role models. We are the same age, family man, and a humanitarian which I aspire more to be.
- February 2, 2004 was the first time Roger become No.# 1 until August 17th, 2008 [237 weeks]
- July 6th, 2009 to June 6th, 2010 [48 weeks]
- July 9th, 2012 to November 4th 2012 [17 weeks]
- [302 total weeks as world no.#1]
“TENNIS IS LIFE AND LIFE IS TENNIS”
We are lucky to live in this era of tennis greatness!
- The [Humble Fighter]: Naomi Osaka 2018年05月23日
- 【ローカルトーナメント】Jr.クラスの選手の活躍!! 2018年05月22日
- 【PLクラス】選手の活躍‼︎ 2018年05月20日
- 【APF ACADEMIES】ロゴはどうやって決まったの？ 2018年05月18日
- 【ジュニアテニス】週1回のテニス。お子様にもうちょっと頑張って欲しいと思ったら 2018年05月17日
- Cultural Experience and Coaching Style 2018年05月16日
- 【お休み】タイ国内旅行に行ってきます。 2018年05月15日
- 【ジュニアテニス】才能を育むための大切なスパイス 2018年05月10日
- Simona Halep’s Challenge 2018年05月09日
- 【PLクラス】新しいメンバーの紹介 2018年05月08日
- Written by George Kidera
- George Kidera has been coaching at APF Academies since April 2011. He had played tennis for the Bulldogs at Truman State University from 2000-2002. His role has been to promote and support all levels of the international tennis community at APF. "Coaching tennis is a wonderful experience and a great teaching tool to develop our next future leader."