It does not happen very often in a single sport that once an athlete reaches the top and starts to decline are they able to rise up once more. We are witnessing this amazing accomplishment by not just one but two living legends.
What keeps them going?
- ‘Love’ for the game
- ‘Fans & People’
- ‘Desire’ to keep improving
I am sure it is ALL of the ABOVE.
Rafael Nadal the current No.#1
Amazing for Rafa to come back after injury to win the French & the U.S. Open! The fighter, grinder, the toughest competitor, the ‘NO FEAR’ and ‘NOT TO LOSE’ attitude are truly inspirational.
- August 18, 2008 was the first time Rafa become world no.#1 until July 5th, 2009 [46 weeks]
- June 7th, 2010 to July 3rd, 2011 [56 weeks]
- October 7th, 2013 to July 6th, 2014 [39 weeks]
- August 21, 2017 to Present [4 weeks]
- [145 total weeks as world no.#1]
Roger Federer is No.#2 after the U.S. Open
Roger also coming back after 6 months off from recovering surgery to win the Australian Open and Wimbledon! He is one of my role models. We are the same age, family man, and a humanitarian which I aspire more to be.
- February 2, 2004 was the first time Roger become No.# 1 until August 17th, 2008 [237 weeks]
- July 6th, 2009 to June 6th, 2010 [48 weeks]
- July 9th, 2012 to November 4th 2012 [17 weeks]
- [302 total weeks as world no.#1]
“TENNIS IS LIFE AND LIFE IS TENNIS”
We are lucky to live in this era of tennis greatness!
- [LOVE] Roger Federer World No.#1 2018年02月14日
- 【上手にできたね！】保護者必見！ジュニアの時にこれができるようにしてあげよう！ 2018年02月13日
- 【トーナメント】Acceptance Listを見てみよう。 2018年02月13日
- 【PLクラス】新しいメンバーの紹介 2018年02月06日
- 2018年スタートして1ヶ月 2018年02月03日
- 【ジュニアクラスメンバーの活躍】準優勝おめでとう!! 2018年02月01日
- 【allout beat】更なる飛躍に向けて。 2018年01月30日
- 【allout】タイ・バンコクで開催される至高のテニスキャンプ！それがallout！ 2018年01月27日
- Australian Open 2018 2018年01月26日
- テニスで中級を目指す方に読んで欲しい記事５選！ 2018年01月23日
- Written by George Kidera
- George Kidera has been coaching at APF Academies since April 2011. He had played tennis for the Bulldogs at Truman State University from 2000-2002. His role has been to promote and support all levels of the international tennis community at APF. "Coaching tennis is a wonderful experience and a great teaching tool to develop our next future leader."